VidSummit Worldwide provides over 50 video presentations from top YouTubers like MrBeast on growing an audience, optimizing content, monetizing, and building a brand on YouTube. The course gives actionable, up-to-date strategies across all aspects of content creation directly from successful working creators. However, more structure and interactivity are needed to engage viewers.
VidSummit Worldwide Course Summary and Review
VidSummit Worldwide is an online video course that provides presentations and lessons from 54 of the world’s top YouTube creators and social media influencers. The course promises to teach strategies for growing an audience, monetizing content, optimizing videos, and building a personal brand on YouTube and other social platforms.
VidSummit Worldwide includes over 50 video presentations from high-profile YouTubers like MrBeast, Derral Eves, and Shonduras. The presentations cover a wide range of topics related to building a successful YouTube channel and social media presence, including:
- Strategies for growing your audience and getting more views
- Maximizing monetization through ads, sponsorships, merchandising
- Leveraging data and analytics to optimize your content
- Successfully transitioning to full-time content creation
- Avoiding common mistakes creators make
- Developing multiple revenue streams beyond YouTube
- Collaborating with other creators
- Leveraging new platforms like YouTube Shorts
The course provides virtual access to all the presentations for a one-time fee of $199. The videos can be accessed on demand on over 1000 devices.
Some of the most notable presenters featured in VidSummit Worldwide include:
- MrBeast: One of YouTube’s top creators with over 100 million subscribers. He provides a keynote on his experiences building his massive brand and business on YouTube.
- Derral Eves: A YouTube expert who gives a keynote on unlocking your audience’s potential for views and revenue.
- Shonduras: An influential photographer/filmmaker with over 3 million followers. He discusses strategies for deepening your niche and breaking through.
- Thomas Frank: Runs a successful self-improvement channel. He reveals how he grew his channel to earn $100k/month.
- Collin & Samir: The duo behind a 1 million subscriber commentary channel share why it took them 10 years to reach that milestone.
- Stephen Sharer: A top family vlogger explains how to become a full-time creator with multiple income streams.
- Zealous: A fast-growing creator gives tips on driving real, organic growth on YouTube without relying on shoutouts.
- David Rosenstein: A YouTube employee offers insights into monetizing Shorts and music policies.
- DJ Coffman: A merch expert outlines the top mistakes creators make with merch and how to avoid them.
The course consists entirely of pre-recorded video presentations ranging from 45 minutes to over an hour in length. The production quality of the videos is high, with most being recorded professionally on stage at the live VidSummit conference.
The videos adopt an informal, conversational tone, with most presenters using personal anecdotes and case studies from their own YouTube channels to illustrate their points. Most incorporate visual aids like slideshows.
The pacing is generally fast-moving and engaging, optimized for an audience of aspiring creators hungry for actionable tips and advice. There are no hands-on exercises or live instructor interactions.
Review of Course Content
Strategies for Growing Your Audience
Many of the presentations focus on proven strategies for rapidly growing your subscribers, views, and engagement. Here are some of the highlights:
- Leverage YouTube Shorts: Multiple creators explain how Shorts can be used to gain new viewers and funnel them to your long-form videos. Tips are provided for creating effective Shorts and optimizing them for discoverability.
- Increase watch time: MrBeast stresses the importance of watch time for YouTube’s algorithm. Techniques covered include using engaging thumbnails, experimenting with length, structuring videos to retain viewers, and understanding analytics.
- Tap into trends: Collin & Samir reveal how researching and capitalizing on trending topics and search terms was crucial for their growth. However, they warn against “chasing trends” in an inauthentic way.
- Collaborate strategically: Collaborations get a dedicated panel. The creators discuss how to identify mutually beneficial partnerships that introduce you to new audiences without diluting your brand.
- Refine your niche: Multiple presenters emphasize the importance of narrowing your niche and making content specifically tailored to your core target audience rather than getting overly broad.
Monetizing and diversifying income as a creator is covered extensively:
- AdSense optimization: Strategies revealed include structuring videos to maximize ad placements, using end cards and calls to action to boost clickthrough rate, and catering content to align with high earning verticals.
- Sponsorships: Tips are provided for pitching to sponsors, determining your rates, vetting brands, and creating sponsored content that adds value for your audience rather than feels disruptive.
- Merchandising: DJ Coffman’s presentation dives deep into merch, covering how to research demand, design attractive merch, choose quality manufacturers, and avoid issues with sizing, branding, and shipping.
- Alternative revenue streams: MrBeast and others explain how to generate revenue beyond just YouTube ads, such as podcasting, affiliate marketing, investing, meet and greets, selling online courses, and more.
Optimizing Your Content
The creators share a wealth of specifics on how to create content optimized for the YouTube algorithm and your audience:
- Master SEO: Keyword research, clickable titles packed with keywords, video tags, transcriptions, and optimizing descriptions are covered as ways to improve ranking and be discovered.
- Hook viewers fast: Zealous explains how the first 30 seconds of a video are crucial. Hook viewers right away by teasing the value proposition of your content.
- Structure strategically: MrBeast stresses the importance of tight pacing and strategic structure, like frontloading the most valuable information and ending on a climax.
- Leverage data: Creators reveal how they use YouTube Analytics, SocialBlade, Google Trends, and other data sources to identify high-performing topics and formats to produce more of.
Building Your Brand
The course emphasizes that successful YouTubers must see themselves as brand owners building an empire beyond just YouTube. The main tips for brand building include:
- Be consistent: This applies to upload schedule, video style, branding, and more. Consistency builds familiarity and authority.
- Strengthen branding: Ensure all assets like channel art, thumbnails, merch, etc. reinforce your desired brand identity and vibe.
- Diversify content: Don’t just stick to one video format. Expand to Shorts, livestreams, podcasts, vlogs and more to reach new audiences.
- Focus on longevity: Repeat that long-term vision and meaningful relationships with fans are more important than chasing quick fame and success.
Pros and Cons
- Direct guidance from top creators: The ability to learn directly from so many massively successful YouTubers in one course is invaluable.
- Current and relevant: The advice is up-to-date and applicable right now, as it comes straight from working full-time creators.
- Actionable and tactical: Viewers gain concrete, detailed tactics to implement across all aspects of content creation, growth, and monetization.
- Inspiring: Seeing presenters like MrBeast who started from nothing provides motivation and models success is possible.
- Good value: $199 for over 50 presentations featuring hours of content is reasonable compared to many online courses.
- No interactivity: The course is passive viewing only, lacking any assignments, community, or instructor interactions.
- Recorded presentations: While well-produced, the videos are recordings of live talks, which can feel less engaging than content made specifically for online.
- Limited focus on mindset: There is relatively little emphasis on the mental aspects of becoming a successful creator compared to tactical advice.
- No detailed case studies: Presenters reference their own stories but typically don’t do full deep dives into their channel’s growth.
- Disorganized: With so many presenters, the course can feel scattershot without connecting themes between presentations.
VidSummit Worldwide is likely to provide tremendous value for aspiring YouTubers and creators looking to grow their audience and income. Complete beginners may find the tactical advice overwhelming. However, creators with some experience under their belt should gain many specific, implementable techniques from the world-class presenters. While more structure and interactivity would enhance the course, overall it delivers on the promise of expert guidance from the top creators. The reasonable one-time fee makes the huge amount of current content a worthwhile investment for anyone serious about building their brand and business on YouTube and beyond.